The farmers will be selected on a uniform and transparent criteria for the construction of water courses. The criteria will be:
- Farmer has agricultural land in canal command or outside the canal command area
- A suitable quality of water that is available for irrigation.
- Farmer wants to develop the farm tank for his agricultural land.
- The applicant agrees on contribution of his share as per the approved cost-sharing formula.
- Farmer agrees to use the stored water for irrigation purpose.
- The farmer will abide by the decisions of the Project Implementation Committee (PIC) and will not challenge the same in any court of law.
- In case the farmer violates and conditions the full amount of government share is liable to recovery as arrears of land revenue.
- The farmer is responsible for the maintenance and damage caused to the water storage tank.